Precision Analytics is a startup based in Montreal, Canada, specializing in health data science. We harness the latest techniques in data science as tools for faster, better decision-making in the fields of biopharmaceuticals, health, and life sciences. We combine high-level analytics with thoughtful automation to provide fast, actionable insights from data. Our software solutions combine all three pillars of data science: data infrastructure, analytics, and communication.
As a company, we’re excited to continue building our talented team, forging relationships with organizations doing cutting-edge research, and solving challenging problems together. Our clients are working to solve exciting scientific problems, from innovative cancer research to scaling production of cannabis pharmaceuticals.
We are currently hiring!
+ Junior Software Developer
Software developers at Precision Analytics work closely with our experienced data scientists, both providing and receiving assistance when necessary, which provides a unique opportunity for mutual learning. In addition, as a junior software developer, you will not be limited to a small subset of basic development tasks; instead, you will play an integral role in all phases of the software development life cycle. This includes:
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality based on client requirements
- Writing front- and back-end code for interactive dashboards
- Testing, debugging, and refactoring both new and existing code bases
- Performing code reviews and participating in pull-request reviews
- Assisting in the extract, transform, load (ETL) process for new data
- Deploying and maintaining web servers and database management systems
- And much, much more
Please apply if you:
- Are a software developer who is passionate about having a meaningful impact in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Posses a genuine interest in improving our code/software infrastructure and related services
- Like working in a small, multidisciplinary team on science-related projects
- Are a proactive problem-solver with strong analytical skills and a good sense for code quality
- Enjoy work-life harmony and and a stimulating work environment
- Experience writing production-ready code
- Proficiency with git and the Linux command line
- Experience writing thorough documentation of package functions
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and accurately with people from various technical backgrounds
- Technical expertise in web application development and/or interactive data visualization
- Experience working in R
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with continuous integration services (e.g. Travis CI)
- Interest in pursuing an ongoing relationship to support the package at the conclusion of the development contract
- Willingness to explore new software libraries and document best practices
What We Offer
- An opportunity to use your talent to empower ground-breaking research
- An environment in which you can continually learn and grow
- A beautiful office space in a vibrant neighbourhood
- An annual professional development budget
- Competitive compensation, including an annual bonus
- Delicious weekly team lunches
- Free snacks and drinks
- Competitive benefits (health & dental)
- Frequent 5 à 7’s, office parties, and afternoon beer/prosecco breaks
- A VERY CUTE and friendly (hypoallergenic) office dog
Applicants must be legally allowed to work in Québec We are searching for on-premise candidates only; applicants looking for a remote position will not be considered.
We welcome everyone to apply, and we emphatically invite women, minorities, POC, gender-non conforming folk to join our team.
Apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Preferrably in the same PDF)
Job Type: Full-time
+ Technical Content Writer
Precision Analytics is in need of a talented freelance Content Writer to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content and web copy. We’re looking for someone who will help us expand our digital footprint and drive more value through online content. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads in fields related to bioinformatics, pharmaceutical sector, data science, analytics, epidemiology, biostatistics and health sciences..
This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Create content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers. Use SEO best practices to generate traffic to our site
- Regularly produce various content types, including social media posts, blogs and white papers
- Actively manage and promote our blog, and pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms
- Edit content produced by other members of the team
- Analyze content marketing metrics and makes changes as needed
- Collaborate with other team members to create innovative content ideas
Apply now: email@example.com