Junior software developer
At Precision Analytics, the software development team plays an integral role in satisfying our clients' needs. In addition to collaborating with key stakeholders in order to understand and satisfy business requirements, software developers work closely with our experienced data scientists to assist them in executing their analyses as efficiently as possible. In this environment, developers are never limited to a small subset of basic development tasks; instead, they actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
As a junior software developer, your primary responsibility will be independently driving the tasks assigned to you through to completion. Given the client-facing nature of our work, this process will inevitably require creative problem solving in order to resolve unknowns whose solutions could not be determined ahead of time.
- Implementing new features and resolving issues in existing features, enabling clients to meet their goals;
- Working on both the front- and back-end of interactive dashboards and enterprise web applications;
- Learning and working in different programming languages;
- Exploring and discussing various programming paradigms and software libraries;
- Testing, debugging, and refactoring existing codebases;
- Learning from others' code and receiving feedback in pull-request reviews;
- Assisting in the exploration and wrangling of new data.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field;
- Have experience using Git and GitHub;
- Are comfortable working with Linux via a command-line interface;
- Are able to communicate in English clearly and accurately with people from various technical backgrounds.
- Are able to manage and query data in a relational database management system using SQL.
- An opportunity to use your talent to empower ground-breaking research;
- An environment in which you can continually learn and grow;
- An annual professional development budget;
- A remote-first work environment;
- Competitive compensation, including an annual bonus;
- Health and dental benefits.
Note: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.